Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Egypt

Hello from beautiful Cairo, Egypt!!! A few days ago I hopped on a flight from delhi to Bahrain, a really cool Island country in the middle east, and then on to Cairo! Cairo is a beautiful city, and if I wasnt blonde and the men went for siestas when I went out it would be even more amazing!!!! I went to the pyramids today and they were so amazing! Got hustled quite a bit, ended up leaving my camel and guide, already paid for, because contrary to what I was told, you do NOT need a guide!!!

Tomorrow I am heading to the Red sea and then making my way to Israel!!!!

I spent my last few weeks in India in the Parvati valley and then in Dharamasala, where I studied silver, chased away giant spiders and went to teaching with the amazing Dalai Lama!

The last time I was in India I only travelled overnight by train, but this time most of my long journeys were by the incredible india sleeper bus!! A bed with a view of the stars from the window!!

Well I'm off to brave to wonderful world of Cairo men!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You amazing blond goddess! Can't wait to hear about Israel. Are flight costs reasonable? Getting a sleeping cart on the train sounds delightful, ooh the stars. Happy safe travels to you Megan. Love Nicole

Anonymous said...

whoo hoo... more than 2 lines! you crazy woman, I can't wait to hear more!!
Love Mom

Anonymous said...

I love how you stil refer to me as Muffy....gotta love it! Can't wait to tell my nephew that nickname once he comprehends it!

I love that you paid for a guide....I wish you had talked to me about Egypt!! Can;t wait to hear the whole story on that one!!

Red Sea...are you going to go floating?? JEALOUS!!

Hugs and miss ya...keep up to date with the blog..its the only way I get to continue to travel!! Ash:)