Sunday, September 7, 2008

Chicken Pudding

2 days ago while meandering through the streets of Istanbul eating a juicy pear, a bird shit on my head, 2 hours away from my home on the asia side of Istanbul and I was once again transformed into a dirty backpacker :)

Istanbul is the most beautiful city that I have been to in the world (Seoul, Korea is my favorite), but Istanbul is the most breathtaking! I have spent my last 5 weeks living in summer houses on the sea and on an amazing, blissful private yacht...swimming with phosphorescense under the stars and eating amazing Turkish food! It has been a food extravaganza, some of my favorites include: soft white cheese with Honey on top, any cheese with homemade cherry jam....I am having writers food block, anyways, I have also tried some new and unique foods to add to my list of spiders, snakes, scorpions etc... just yesturday I had a dessert that when translated into english means 'chicken breast,' which consists of shredded chicken breast in a thick creamy milky pudding and can be purchased at the finest sweet shops and last night we went to an amazing restaurant called Garden, the biggest restaurant I have ever seen, seating perhaps 1000 or more people! When we arrived it was completely empty, as it is Ramazan and people begin eating after the sun sets! Well by 7:46 the entire restaurant was full, it was quite an experience seeing the entire place fill up and everyone start eating at the exact same time! As a part of this meal I tried a new (for me) type of Kofte (turkish meatball) which was a spicy raw ball of meat, so glad it was spicy otherwise it would have been terrible!

I must sleep now xx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One more sleep and I, Mommy, am off to Turkey to see Megan!!!!!!!