Friday, October 5, 2007

You look like a Bollywood movie starr....

said the kid at the photo shop as I was getting passport pics for my Reiki Certificate!!! hmmm....I think not (just as funny as the lady in Cambodia who came up to me and asked if I was from Japan) So while we were in Pokhara Muff and I took our Reiki training and now we are fully qualified? Reiki practitioners (perhaps not quite) Our course was a tad bit bogus, but cheap enough to be able to laugh at. We spent 15 minutes watching Swami demonstrate and then were told to read over our notes and come back 3 hours later....when we came back he informed us that he had two clients coming in and we were to give them a Reiki session, hmmmm....no practicing on one another, no refresher, didnt have a clue what I was doing but after the treatment swami (teacher) came in the room and said "friends, your client says they feel the heat....beautiful" anyways that was it, I guess the best part was that I look like a bollywood movie star and I have a certificate.

Spent 5 nights in Pokhara, it was uber touristy, beautiful, but I still love Kathmandu.....one day Ash and I were getting lost in the non touristy local town and I mentioned that I wanted to take some dance lessons and we saw a 'dance studio' and went in......a few guys were practicing their breakdancing skills....so we joined them, this studio had probably never seen a foreigner as the teacher was too embarassed to teach us, but one of the students showed us a few moves, also one night Ash and I started dancing (Nepali dancing)with some local girls on the streets of Thamel, during the street disco......it was hilarious because with in a few seconds of starting dancing we were surrounded by guys, partly because girls dont really go out at night here and because we were the only foreigners out of hundreds of guys and a couple girls on the streets!!! It was a blast.

Anyways Im off to Varanasi, India in 2 days!!! A new adventure!!! hugs

No comments: