Sunday, February 24, 2008

On the road again....

Well, only 2 more days until I fly back to masala-licious India!! Packing up my uber small backpack and will be on the road again!!! While traveling I have been living out of a 40 liter backpack (if you can't visualize how how big that is, its just a tad bigger than a day pack) and I have loved every minute of it, never did I get tired of living out of a pack, to my surprise and amazement and other peoples as well. Yesturday, as I was on my hands and knees cleaning Heathers' bathroom floor, I had an epiphany .... I HATE cleaning (okay so I already knew this) but I reckon it is one of my top 5 least favorite things to do, not too sure what the other 4 are, but cleaning is right up there!! And, when I am traveling I never have to clean, perhaps tidy, but not clean and that is why I love backpacking :) Okay, so there are a few more reasons why I love backpacking: freedom, colourful vibrant people, beautiful gongshows, chaotic noisy and sometimes unfathomably wonderful places, nature, studying, new cultures, crazy foods, amazing foods and on and on I could go!!!!!

I fly into Bangkok where I will spend 14 wonderful hours waiting in the airport before I fly to Kolkata, India and from there I have no idea where my adventure will lead me...tempting that it is so close to Nepal and oh how I love Nepal !!!!! Perhaps Darjeeling, or the southern beaches of India before I venture back to Rajasthan!

I have had an amazing last week in Korea, visiting friends, eating amazing Sushi, Korean food, visiting jimjilbangs and MY tea house as many times as possible.....taking amazing random photos with my new camera. For the first time in my 20 month trip I spent 3 weeks with a retired camera, RIP, until Dave, a teacher at Heathers Uni, sold me his camera!! yay!! So more random funniness to come!!

Hope every one is happy and healthy! xxxxxxxxMegs

2 comments:

Janet Whitehead said...

What??? You hate cleaning? Who knew? hee hee. Contemplating this, though, this might be the reason why I want to travel too. It just takes so much time out of a day.
Wishing you beautiful, safe, continually enlightening adventures, precious Maymay.

Heather Teacher said...

I hope you scrubbed all the mold on the tiles off!! I will be grading it when I return!! It better be sparkling clean! hehehe. By the way, I will let you think it is 'your' tea house just for a couple of more days. Remember who took you there in the first place...yep it will always me MY tea house first!!! hehe. I am at the Nash's house so call me there sometime!!