Thursday, June 28, 2007

Im in Cambodiaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Well I have arrived safely in Cambodia...took a bus from Saigon this morning, paid extra for the special express bus with a toilet, however the roads were so incredibly bad that I was afraid the toilet would spill everywhere if i used it!! ha ha!!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Cambodia, eventhough I've only been here 8 hours. Its very different from Vietnam...Im staying in a little room overlooking the lake with the mangiest shared bathroom i have EVER seen....but its only $3!!! I made sure that the first word i learned was 'it's too expensive'!!! which i've come to realize is the most important phrase you can ever learn in a language!

I read a book before coming here and it has changed how i look at life...its called 'first they killed my father' and if any of you get the chance you should read it. After reading that book I have so much admiration and respect for what the people in Cambodia have been through.


Well thats about it for now....I cant believe any of you actually read my last post..impressive, it was so long and really didnt make much sense!!!

Later, megs

1 comment:

Janet Whitehead said...

So, to everybody reading this, are you also wondering, "When did she have time to read the book???"

What an awesome way to get the feel of a country in advance. Megane, you are sooo much smarter of a traveller than I was. Besides learning about the people via a book, learning the most important words too! and here I thought "where's the bathroom?" was the most important.