Monday, June 18, 2007

Sunglasses and the Police and Korean movies

I contemplated whether or not I should write about my adventures the past couple days and I decided that although its been a bit of a shit time, its been an adventure and everything turned out lovely in the end!!! If you reading this to your children perhaps dont....as I had to tell a few white lies these past couple days!!!

A few days ago I lost my most precious travelling companion...my oh so expensive prescription sunglasses. I knew positively that I had had them at the hotel, so I searched everywhere, and asked everyone if they had seen them...no luck. So I first found an eyeglasses shop and ordered a really cool pair of 'police' sunglasses....contacted my insurance company and then headed to the police station to get a police report...otherwise travel insurance would not cover the loss. It is okay to lose something and claim it (but you still need a police report..and the police are loco here) I figured it would be easier just to tell them it was stolen from my bag while walking into the market (a wee little white lie)....the police however claimed that if it was not in the hotel room then it was not a robbery and therefore they couldnt help me. So I argued...really argued for about 1 hour, offered them money..no luck, and finally as I was about to leave realized that I should video tape it...so I sat back down, snuck out my camera, turned on the video, and started antagonizing the police officer again (actually quite a funny video)...I figured if he wouldnt write anything for me the least I could do was video it and send it to my insurance company....I walked out and headed to pick up my cool sunglasses....also no luck because they really had no idea how to add my prescription to sunglasses, they kept saying my 'yes yes your prescription, however it was not right....so I headed back to the hotel in quite a fowl mood....my roomate, Nikola was leaving so another girl, also Nichola was going to move into my room...but when we told reception that we were going to share they wanted to charge us 4.00 more, eventhough I was sharing before...ahhhhh sometimes they are so so crazy here...another 45 minute argument which ended in all three of us leaving the hotel...but before I left I went back up to the room and I moved the chair and out fell my oh so expensive sunglasses!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had a good laugh over that...all that work and hassle and they had been in my room all along....I had said to Nikola over the past few days "I just dont feel like they are gone" looks like they werent!!!!

Last night I went to the most amusing movie I have ever been to. A Korean movie...not sure the Korean name, but the vietnamese name was 'Say Tinh' where the main character speaks english and everyone else in the movie speaks Korean...over top of that was the loudest vietnamese voice over I have ever heard...Nichola sat with her ears plugged the whole time!!! It was in an old rickety theatre with wooden seats and birds flying around....and it only cost 60 cents and was Brilliant!!!

3 comments:

Janet Whitehead said...

oh my gom.. you are a hoot! how smart to do a video! what a keepsake.... Can you send it soon, so we can introduce Evalee to her Auntee MayMay? hee hee.
yay for finding sunglasses. Hope you have a place to stay now.
Love, Ma

Janet Whitehead said...

ps. DO NOT GET THROWN IN JAIL. Thanks, I'd appreciate that

Heather Teacher said...

yayayaya you found your sunglasses!!!! I am super happy!!!! By the way is the movie "Mr. Robinson"???? With Daniel Heney?