Sunday, April 15, 2007

Hi everyone, by everyone I mean my mother...well perhaps more of you will read this too!!!!
Thanks to Melisa, I now have my very own pink blog....yes Heather you will have to wear your sunglasses!!!! I am sitting in Heathers apartment in Suwon, about 1 hour outside of Seoul, on a good traffic day, 3 hours on a bad day......she is sleeping and I am preparing for my slow boat to china (perhaps mentally preparing). I am leaving for China on Tuesday and will hopefully befriend some amazing person to have me stay with them in Beijing, he he!! I have had an amazing last week in Korea....went on a road trip to the east coast where Heather and I went in the ocean, lots of laughs and chocolate mini eggs, yes the easter bunny managed to find us in Korea!!! What a good easter bunny! Lots of jimjilbangs, friends and good food....and I think I managed not to drive Heather too crazy with my idea of clean!! Melisa came up from Wando to spend my last weekend with me, thanks millie......At the beginning of the week Heather and I randomly met a couple of ajashis (old men), while Heather was doing sit ups on a bench, at the medieval wall, with an amazing view of Suwon and cherry blossoms all around, who taught us how to play the traditional Korean flute......in Korea I have become used to sharing everything, drinks, communal portions of food and traditional flutes, while playing a friend of Heathers walked by and invited us for tea at her amazing tea house, while there we met an amazing man, Daewon Seo, who spent the past 20 years in Italy and is apparently 'the italian chef' of Korea. He offered to make us a private italian dinner at the tea house...so Friday night we went for an amazing 5 course, 3 hour Italian meal, with Italian music and CCR in the background. Saturday night Hwan Jin came and cooked us amazing Korean food and on Sunday night we went for Indian Buffet.....Im like a bear getting ready for hibernation, soon (tuesday) I will be eating as uber cheaply as possible as I hop on my slow boat to China, a 25 hour ferry ride!!!! China here I come!!!!

1 comment:

Janet Whitehead said...

I love this bloggoling! An amazing way to update your friends, family and mother, of course. You are about to become one of the few people in western civilization to actually go on a 'slow boat to China.' Wonder why the phrase is so common in our language... bet you'll have an answer to that soon! You will meet some good people and find a good place to stay. you will you will.
Love, ma