Monday, May 14, 2007

Blood:The Last Vampire

Okay , so yesturday nanna, cecil and I came to Dali to do 3 days of Tai chi at a monastery, we were at the bird bar hostel when a lady came in and asked us to be in a movie.....they would provide food and a place to stay and they needed us for up to 15 days....since we were doing the tai chi we said no....but this morn it was pouring rain so we called her up and said okay....so in 20 minutes I am heading to a private hotel to get all dolled up and filming starts at 8 pm tonight ...its a vampire movie so I'll probably just be a dead person on the side of the road, ha ha!!!!! At our hostel someone said that tom cruise was in the movie...doubt it but it will be interesting to see who is in it!!! Hilarious!!!! later, megs


Okay so Im finished my first day of work......i guess its the same producers of crouching tiger hidden dragon....and we were told that we would go right to makeup and then filming at 8...well they picked us (25 foreigners) up and took us to a studio to show the director our kung fu skills........hahahahahahahahahahahahaha it was a beautiful gongshow...I dont think Ive even seen a kung fu movie before. we had to perform one by one with everyone watching.....it was hilarious...I did yoga!!! Not one foreigner knew kung fu.....I was just hoping to be a dead person or something.....apparently they probably wont even film in the next few days (they are so disorganized) so for now Im just gonna enjoy my lovely bedroom that has a bathroom and a TV!!!!!!! Later, Megs


Nanna, Cecil and I shared a room at a hotel (not a hostel)
On our second day of 'work' we were picked up from our hotel at 4 and taken to movie city....it was like universal studios, but better because there werent any tourists (truly amazing)....they said no photos but luckily I didnt listen.....the sets were how I had envisioned china would be before I came here! We were taken to wardrobe and given outfits....I however searched through and picked my own :) They had a good laugh when I showed them my booty (only because I was joking about it) NO pants would have fit me....so I found a brilliantly ugly dress and I dressed it up with an ugly belt.

Next we were taken to a building near where they were filming and we had our makeup done....they did a crap job but it was lovely having someone turn me into a vampire?? We hung out for ages (4 or 5 hours) in a cold building awaiting filming. At dinner time we were all excited because they had western food: nutella, bread, fruits, olives, cereal...etc..............but when we went to have some we were denied, apparently the western food was for the chinese actors and the chinese slop/hospital/bad airplane food outside in buckets was for the foreigners...ah ha ha....theres something backwards about that. So we all complained and said we would leave if we didnt get western food...so they agreed that the on the next day of filming we would have better food. We played cards and hung out until are moment to shine!!! It was surreal sitting at a table playing cards (poker, of course) with 'vampires' from all over the world!!

In Dali it has been raining for days and it was so cold that we could see out breath.....and guess what, we got to be dead people!!!!!! When we heard the gun shot we had to fall to the ground and be dead, I was curled up on the ground in the pouring rain in a dress, and to top it off they added their own buckets and buckets of rain!!! Keep in mind we could see our breath. I have NEVER EVER EVER been so cold in my life!!! We did a few takes and were laying on the ground for about 25 minutes before they let us go into the tents........they were so so so disorganized and we had no idea what was going on or when we would be shooting again that we stayed in our wet clothes, that didnt dry for another 6 or 7 hours............ahhhhhhhhhhhhh we were so cold!!!
Nanna got chosen randomly to do a second scene where she had to play dead in the rain again...poor girl.....while the rest of us just sat in wet clothes. We started at 4 pm and didnt get back to our hotel until 7 am....it was a long exhausting day and night....however we slept until 3 30 pm today and it was amazing, we awoke to get paid (yes I got paid....about as much as it cost me to live these past 10 or 12 days) They wanted us to do another shoot today but we were so cold still that we said no...It would have been cool cuz they would have turned us into monsters, but we would have had to work overnight in the rain again....so instead we did an afternoon run!!!! and now we are staying at a youth hostel!!!!! They would have been able to use us for longer and we would have been able to do a bar scene and more but I am still shivering and I'm going to save myself for Bollywood!!!!!!!!!!! The movie will be out next year and is called
Blood: The last Vampire!!!!!!!! Thats the story of my beautiful gongshow!!!!

3 comments:

dkc said...

Megs! I'm so happy you started the blog! Your adventures have been amazing thus far and I'm sure they will continue to be.

xo

Janet Whitehead said...

oh my god, you really did get to play dead.. just like you thought! What an amazing experience. And yes, save yourself for Hollywood... it's much drier and warmer! Love you, love, me

Unknown said...

Hi Megs!!! Fabulous adventure!!! Keep up the awesome blog so we can live vicariously through you!!! LOL!!! You will be able to write a totally awesome book about this trip...you must do it, because we want to read all about it!!! BTW, Jacob is as sweet as can be, and Evie totally loves him...gives him kisses all day...WE MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What was the date for that ticket?? LOTS OF LOVE, N/R/G/P/E/J