Saturday, May 19, 2007

RAIN

Well I am in Vietnam....I took a 12 hour sleeper bus from Kunming, China...something I had been avoiding the whole time I was in China......had a small bed, lots of people smoking and no toilet. I didnt sleep AT all.....the road was so so bad...if any of you had ever been on the road to the cabin at the okanagan, it was pretty much like that, and it was pouring rain....there were some bumps that we went over where I went completely airborne in my bed...it was quite hilarious...I was just happy to make it safely to the border crossing!! I met up with a Christiaan, who I met first in Lijiang, and we decided to do the journey together!!! As we were crossing the border from China into vietnam they decided to take his lonely planet China, they do this to everyone because the map excludes taiwan and says too much about tibet!!! So they gave him a choice to surrender it or have it confiscated...he chose to have it confiscated so that he could have a souvenir....an official document!! and of course to make them work for the book!!

We arrived in Lao Cai and drove around in our bus to sapa looking for people to fill up the empty seats for 1 hour!!!!!!! All the mountains and rice fields are so lovely. lush and fresh!!! We arrived in sapa and headed to the queen hotel which has a lovely view of the mountains (actually its been raining and foggy, so I've only just seen the full view this afternoon!!!) We trekked to Cat cat village today...with rice terraces and waterfalls and it was beautiful!!!

Well thats about all for now.....miss you all, megs

4 comments:

Janet Whitehead said...

bizarre re the map! smoking and no toilet.. what the hell did you do??? where did you pee? hoping for less rain for you!! Love, ma

Heather Teacher said...

I am wondering the same thing!!! Where did you pee????? Did you actually try out those things that we talked about in Korea???? hehehehe.

Janet Whitehead said...

hi heather, i soooo don't want to know what things you are talking about!!!!

Melisa said...

HAHAHAHA!!!! OOOOOOH I KNOW TOO!!!!!!! Oh Megs I miss you lots! But I love knowing that you're still having fun! (love from Milly)