Monday, July 2, 2007

Riding in the Rain

Oh how I LOVE Cambodia, it really is my kinda country!!! Yesturday I cycled 30 kilometers(on a bycicle)through the amazing temples of Angkor and only 6 kilometers of that was spent riding through torrential downpour in winds so strong that we (Nichola and I) could barely stay upright, rain so heavy that we were in tonnes of pain, and water up to the pedals of our bikes...oh and in addition to that my bike kept breaking until it was completely permanently broken 3 or 4 kilometeres outside of Siem Reap!!!! It was so so funny, I took a brilliant video.....normal people pulled over and waited under trees, but not us, we were already wet and thought why not keep going!!!! Ended up having to load both bikes onto a tuk tuk to get back into town!!

I am in Siem Reap, the town near Angkor Wat...it is such a lovely place...quite touristy but in a brilliant yet expensive way!!! If you imagine the coolest, trendiest coffee shop, gift shop or restaurant you've ever seen or been to and then combine a whole bunch of them into the centre of a small town and then add jungles and the most amazing temples in the world (and the slowest internet) that is Siem Reap. Its just perfect!!!

Can you believe I cycled 30km????

2 comments:

Janet Whitehead said...

wow... it does sound like the perfect place for you!! can't find much for photos of siem reap online... Seems bizarre there's an amazing area of trendy shops! what i've found on cambodia, though, looks astounding.
you must be in awfully good shape to bike so far! nice.
I'm sure you'll find the cheapest way to enjoy the expensive lovely Siem Reap! loved hearing your voice today.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Crazy Chick, I cant believe you cycled 30km, you will need to teach Jassy when you get back. Great to hear your stories, keep em coming miss you....

Love the newlyweds..