Friday, July 27, 2007

Beach Bliss

Im sitting in a cafe in Bangkok and its actually pretty cool here!!! I spent 6 days on a beach in Koh Samet...teal water, a lovely little bungalow, puppies running around, which made me so happy!! It was lovely!!! I stayed at the wunderland resort, not quite a resort but a mish mash of different bungalows thrown together! One of the pets at this 'resort' was a ginormous ugly pig that must have been 3 or 4 times the size of me...and he was not dinner!! It was hilarious!! The people in Thailand are so lovely and there dont seem to be all the hassles like in Vietnam and even Cambodia....a chance to relax!!!

Im so excited because on my second day there I manifested one of the 2 things (natural phenomenons??) I wanted to see my trip. I was laying on the beach and I saw a circular rainbow all the way around the sun........I dont think its very common and it is so amazing. I have pics, but It will take some time until I get them up!!! The second thing I want to see is phosphourecense...Im tired and have no idea how to spell it.....

Oh yeah one thing I forgot to write about, and I think you had to be there to appreciate how funny it was...but anyways.....While in Phnom Phen Ash and I decided to have a movie night. We went with our 17 year old moto driver Alex and bought a fake copy of the new Harry Potter, picked up a box of extra buttery microwave popcorn and headed back to the guesthouse!!! We were so excited because most places dont have microwaves, but Alex assured us he could pop the popcorn for us. We gave him a couple of the bags and he set off to the kitchen to pop them. 10 minutes later they still werent popped, he brought one bag out and only a couple kernels had popped, so he went back into the kitchen to try again! Eventually Ash went in to see what was up.....the 'microwave' popping our corn was a toaster oven!!!!! Did we ever laugh!! We explained that this wouldnt work and we assumed that he wouldnt try again.....10 minutes later he let me know that he was still trying, in the toaster oven...I insisted he take it out before it caught on fire...sure enough once he went to take it out it was burnt, and of course not popped!!! And the copy of Harry Potter was so bad that we couldnt watch it!!!

Anyways Im off to my room as I have 2 movie channels in English!!!

2 comments:

Janet Whitehead said...

Wow, I've heard of circle rainbows, but I think I doubted they existed. (odd of me, I know) Congrats on making it happen! Im sure you'll see phosphourescense soon!
Great story about the 'microwave'. Sounds Heavenly where you are. Enjoy your gifts when they arrive soon! Happy meeting up with Ashley and Jenna soon! Jenna is bringing you a hug!

Heather Teacher said...

HI Megan!!!! I am excited for you to meet Jenna!! I hope you guys have a blast!! Hope to see you soon too!! Who knows I might be able to go there for the last two weeks in August or September!! I will see about flights but I want to go to China too!! hmmm Maybe both!!! heheehhe.